Luxury can be responsible. Our responsible approach is the heart of our daily operations
Did you know…?
- Use of water from Lake Geneva enables us to cool the premises with 100% renewable energy, thanks to the Geneva Lake Nations project
- LED lighting has been installed in our 333 rooms, conference facilities and common areas
- No more single-use plastics
- Biodegradable straws only
- All aluminium, paper, cardboard, glass, PET plastic, coffee capsules and batteries, including 2.6 tonnes of PET plastic in 2019 alone are recycled
- We source food supplies from local producers
- 2 car plugs available in our public indoor toll parking
For years, the IHG Green Engage program has measured each hotel’s environmental impact. In 2014, InterContinental Genève went a step further and adopted the Green Globe standard. As the closest neighbour hotel to the United Nations, we support the sustainable development objectives of the United Nations.
InterContinental Genève is proud to support the following:
- Through our partnership with MyClimate, we offset the carbon footprint of all meetings and events at no extra cost for our guests
- We aim to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint as much as possible (e-invoices, less paper, local sources of produce and healthy food)
- We care for our teams with a constant focus on benefits, wellbeing, safety and security, and work-life balance
InterContinental Genève is proud to support social initiatives through ongoing actions and partnerships with community organisations. We regularly donate food and sanitary products to Partage, the Geneva food bank. We also recycle solid soap through a partnership with Ensemble, an association that employs people with disabilities to transform soaps into new hygiene products.
Twice a year, staff members collect clothing and bedding for the Red Cross. In addition, we recycle computer equipment through ComputerAid, a non-profit organisation that reconditions and redistributes the equipment to people in developing countries, promoting equal access to technology through sustainable IT solutions.